Testing the Ink

I said I would try to test the ink to see how successful the batch really was.  I’m actually very happy with this batch of ink.  I think it writes a beautiful and dark black.  This is my first batch of ink for 2014

I tested it on 120 # bristol vellum and on a scrap of sheepskin parchment I had made.

On brisol vellum paper and on a scrap of sheepskin parchment I made.

On brisol vellum paper and on a scrap of sheepskin parchment I made.

Its pretty obvious that its a very nice black and that it interacts with both metal dip pen and quill very nicely.

I did a project using the ink:

Very dark despite the flash trying to wash out the picture.

Very dark despite the flash trying to wash out the picture.

I think it is fair to say that this batch of ink is a resounding success!

About these ads

2 responses to “Testing the Ink

  1. Pingback: Ink Making After the New Year | scribescribbling·

  2. Pingback: Top of My Desk – Scribal Tools and Materials | scribescribbling·

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s